Donations of common stock and mutual funds enable donors to reduce
their tax liability by the value of the shares on the date of the gift. There
are several options available to donors – please review the steps below to
determine the best option for you.
NOTE: Some brokerage firms have their own requirements to process a transfer gift of securities. Please contact your broker before using the Archdiocesan Transfer Gift of Securities form above.
- If your broker allows personal directions for gifts of securities, use the Archdiocesan Authorization For Transfer Gift of Securities form to give complete instructions to your broker.
- Gifts of securities should be processed through an established Archdiocesan Brokerage account whenever possible. Brokers are able to transfer to another firm – the DTC number allows your agent complete the transfer between firms.
Acct # 8765-8822
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Give the signed original Authorization Form to your broker and either mail or fax a copy to the Financial Services Office. We will coordinate with our broker to process your gift promptly and remit funds as you specify in Section I. The instructions regarding the beneficiary and your name may not be included with the electronic transfer of shares. Please notify the Archdiocese of your gift via a copy of your instructions (see bottom of form).
- If you have a certificate on hand that you wish to donate, please DO NOT endorse the back of the certificate. For security reasons, please contact Financial Services at (503) 233-8392 for forms that will give the Archdiocese title to the certificate.
- Mail completed forms to the Pastoral Center under separate cover from the certificate. Your gift will be registered the date the latter is received (if mailed on separate dates).
- If you have a certificate in hand and desire only a portion to be gifted, you will need to contact "Shareholder Services" of the company that issues your security and request new certificates to be issued. The gift will be posted on the date the new certificate is issued.
- Direct Registration Account shares may be gifted. Please contact the agent holding your shares for instructions to have shares issued to the Archdiocese of Portland.
- Mutual Fund Shares – please contact the broker for their requirements to gift shares of a Mutual Fund. It may be necessary for the Archdiocese to establish an account in order to receive the Mutual Fund shares.